Come help us build great apps.
Senior iOS Developer 🌟
Vancouver, BC • Updated Dec 08, 2017
Steamclock is looking for a bright, passionate person here in Vancouver with experience shipping iOS apps. If you have a track record of shipping beautiful, high-quality apps, we’d love to meet you!
Steamclock is a profitable and growing studio in Gastown that crafts excellent mobile software. Our focus is building great products and building the company we want to work at. We build products for ourselves – such as our DJ app that refuses to play Nickelback – as well as apps for clients like Arc'teryx, Mobify, and Mozilla.
Like any small company, you’ll have the chance to wear many hats. We value craft over process, and your skills and perspective will help us bring that to the next level.
You will have the opportunity to work on:
- Building new native iOS apps in Swift
- Technical decision-making and product prioritization support
- Minimizing the need for meetings with proactive communication on Slack, Github, and elsewhere
- Special projects like web APIs, open source libraries, Android apps, or product experiments
- Iterating our skills and culture to build the best darn app development team in the world 🎉
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Profit sharing
- A wide variety of work
- Work at Home Wednesdays
- No overtime – we work hard then go home
- We have a painting of an epic unicorn
- A UX-driven culture
- Working in Gastown, two blocks from Waterfront Skytrain
You will be evaluated on:
- Your skills with UIKit and Swift
- Mobile apps you’ve shipped and iterated in the past
- Experience with and interest in leadership
- Code samples, and/or war stories about code you can't show
- Your enthusiasm for building great customer-facing software
- Any bonus skills (web backends, project management, Android, design, knitting, etc.)
- Communication in all forms, including gif and 🎈 🐳 ⭐️
Women and other people from groups underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com with a blurb about why you think you’d be a fit for Steamclock.
Or, if you're not sure yet, send us an note with some questions about this role or Steamclock in general. You know, get the ball rolling. 😊