Come help us build great apps.
Senior iOS Developer, Contract 🌟
Vancouver, BC • Updated Mar 20, 2017
Steamclock Software is looking for a bright, passionate person here in Vancouver with experience shipping iOS apps. If you love writing beautiful, high-quality software, we’d like to meet you.
We typically hire for long-term fit, but at the moment we're looking at bringing on a contractor for 3 months to ship some shorter term projects, with a potential to come on permanently.
Steamclock is a profitable and growing studio in Gastown, BC that crafts excellent apps. Our focus is building great products and having fun doing it. We build products for ourselves - such as our DJ app that refuses to play Nickelback - as well as apps for startups and businesses around the world.
Like any small company, you’ll have the chance to wear many hats. We value craft over process, and your development skills will help us bring that to the next level.
You will have the opportunity to work on:
- Native iOS development, generally in Swift
- Shipping multiple apps per year, both for clients and internal products
- Talking to clients and designers
- Project management and technical decision-making
- Occasional Android or web development, if that floats your boat
- Iterating our skills and culture to build the best darn app development team in town
- Anything else it takes to make awesome apps 🎉
- Free lunches
- A wide variety of work
- No overtime - we work hard then go home
- We have a painting of an epic unicorn
- A quality-oriented culture
- Working in Gastown, two blocks from Waterfront Skytrain
You will be evaluated on:
- Your skills with UIKit and Swift
- Mobile apps you’ve shipped in the past (at least two years' worth)
- Code samples (and/or war stories about code you can't show)
- Your enthusiasm for building great software
- Any bonus skills (web backends, project management, Android, design, knitting, etc.)
- Communication in all forms, including gif and 🎈 🐳 ⭐️
Women and other people from groups underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a blurb about why you think you’d be a fit for Steamclock.
Or, if you're not sure yet, send us an note with some questions about this role or Steamclock in general. You know, get the ball rolling. 😊