Come help us build great apps.
Mobile QA Developer 🌟
Vancouver, BC • Updated Sep 04, 2017
Steamclock Software is looking for a bright, passionate person here in Vancouver with a solid understanding of mobile apps. If you love helping make beautiful, high-quality software, we’d like to meet you.
This position will involve a mix of exploratory testing of mobile apps and software development. Beyond QA and support work, there will be opportunities for working on iOS apps in Swift, as well as some web and Android apps.
Like any small company, you’ll have the chance to wear many hats. We value craft over process, and your skills will help us bring that to the next level.
You will have the opportunity to work on:
- Testing a variety of mobile apps, both for defects and for user experience issues
- Writing clear bug reports with sufficient detail to reproduce them
- Native iOS or Android development, generally in Swift or Kotlin
- Writing automated tests or scripts to help increase and maintain product quality
- Lightweight maintenance of web applications
- Working on a number of apps per year, both for clients and internal products
- Collaborating with developers and designers
- Iterating our skills and culture to build the best darn app development team in town
- Anything else it takes to make awesome apps 🎉
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- A wide variety of work
- No overtime - we work hard then go home
- We have a painting of an epic unicorn
- A quality-oriented culture
- Working in Gastown, two blocks from Waterfront Skytrain
You will be evaluated on:
- Your ability to find and clearly report issues in an app
- Your understanding of what makes for great mobile apps
- Basic coding aptitude on iOS or Android
- Your enthusiasm for building great software
- Any bonus skills (project management, design, knitting, etc.)
- Communication in all forms, including gif and 🎈 🐳 ⭐️
Women and other people from groups underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com with a blurb about why you think you’d be a fit for Steamclock.
Or, if you're not sure yet, send us an note with some questions about this role or Steamclock in general. You know, get the ball rolling. 😊