Come help us build great apps.
Lead Mobile Designer 🌟
Vancouver, BC • Updated May 14, 2018
Steamclock is looking for a bright, passionate person to help us design great apps and fun projects. If you like to design beautiful, high-quality software, we'd love to talk to you!
Steamclock is a growing mobile studio in Gastown that crafts quality mobile products for iOS and Android. Although we focus on mobile, you’ll have opportunities to wear many hats. We've built a reputation for being nice people that make nice apps, but it's your design skills will help us bring that to the next level.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on:
- UI and UX design for iOS and Android apps
- Visual design for apps and other products
- Researching, iterating, and experimenting with product ideas and directions
- Designs in tools like Sketch and Invision
- Our side products, such as our spy game
- Web design for the Steamclock site and future product experiments
- Side projects that could benefit from marketing, product management, research, copy writing, or other diverse experience
- Daily free lunches
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Work from Home Wednesdays
- No overtime – we work hard then go home
- A wide variety of work
- We have a painting of an epic unicorn
- Working in Gastown, two blocks from Waterfront Skytrain
You will be evaluated on:
- Your app design portfolio
- Enthusiasm for making great user experiences
- Comfort with native interface idioms and pratices on iOS and Android
- Experience working with clients and shipping apps
- Communication in all forms, including gif and 🎈🐳⭐
Women and other people from groups underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a blurb about why you think you’d be a fit for Steamclock.
Or, if you're not sure yet, send us an note with some questions about this role or Steamclock in general. You know, get the ball rolling. 😊